Barnabas Gunn (1680–1753) was an English organist and composer. Although little is known about his childhood or musical training, he is known to have played the violin, harpsichord and organ and studied composition under Pepusch. First records of his employment date from 1715, when he was appointed organist at the newly built St. Philip’s Church, in Birmingham (now Birmingham Cathedral). He remained in the post until 1730, when he moved to Gloucester, working there as cathedral organist until 1739. Gunn then returned to Birmingham, resuming his role as organist at St. Philip’s church which had no doubt grown in status as had the church and parish. During that time, he also held the post as organist at Chelsea hospital.